It’s no secret that I love yellow. Wait, that isn’t entirely accurate. Let’s start over: It’s no secret that I am obsessed with yellow. After gray, yellow is my favorite color. If you combine the two, well, it’s pretty much perfection. Unfortunately, there is no cutesy rhyming adjective with gray, so yellow is taking center stage for this post. It’s such a happy color, and perfect for warm weather, or, even those un-sunny days when you want to interject a little cheer. Without further ado, here are a few yellow things that tickle my fancy (two of them might look familiar to those of you who remember header image #2):
1. Colorblock Shirt Dress, Topshop. How mod & retro! This would be perfect for walking around the city on a nice Spring day, or even wearing it to work.
2. Pierre Hardy Heels, Barney’s. I’d never in a million years break down and buy these, or any shoes that cost this much money, but they are pretty perfect, don’t you think? Of course, like every other high heel I’ve put on in my life, these would inevitably give me blisters the size of quarters within seconds.
3. Crane Desk Lamp, CB2. Oh, hey, this lamp looks familiar! I’ve been having a love affair with this lamp, and in fact all task lamps in general. I think it has something to do with the angles. Oh, it’s on sale! Yellow and cheap, what more could you ask for?
4. Trollsta Side Table, IKEA. Sadly, this isn’t available online anymore, which means IKEA (<3<3<3) is probably discontinuing it, but they might have a few left in stores. Fingers crossed, even though I have no idea where I would put something so bright. Maybe we’re just supposed to admire it from afar.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Nail Lacquer, Surreal Yellow, Barney’s. If anyone can make neon nail polish look classy instead of prostitute-ish, it’s Yves. I’m sure I’ve offended someone with that statement.
6. Canary Candleholder, CB2. This is like the baby that would occur if this and this got together in a bucket of yellow paint and things got a little frisky, am I right? Though I am worried that given this thing’s tiny little spindle legs, a lit tea candle could topple over with the slightest provocation.
7. Sunnyside Pillow, CB2. Not quite a love child, but doesn’t this pillow look like the little sister of the shirt dress from Topshop?
8. Beam Mug, CB2. This is the most fabulously priced coffee mug in the history of yellow coffee mugs. In real life, it’s a little less acid-yellow and a little more mustard, and the square handle just kills me it’s so perfect.
So there you have it. My love of yellow continues. What color(s) are you guys most into? I’d love to know!