You have no idea how happy I am that today is Friday. This week at work totally kicked my butt and then backed its car over me. No, I’m not being dramatic. I am really looking forward to the weekend, because I’m heading out of town for a week for the Thanksgiving holiday. I’ll be going back to the beach for a few days (Fitz is SO PUMPED), then spending a few days in New York before settling in the suburbs for the giant feast. Really, you could give me a can of cranberry sauce and a pair of pajama pants and I’d be set. However, I’m trying not to be Scrooge about it, so I’ll say that I’m thankful for having some time off in honor of a holiday that indulges gluttony and greed in their most concentrated forms. Last year I ventured out on Black Friday, and let’s just say that is a mistake you only make once.
Anyway, I’m trying something new with this week’s Friday Five. Rather than having 5 separate pictures of things I want, I’m condensing them into one. I don’t know why. I don’t know if I like it or even prefer it over the old way. You tell me.
1. Capri Blue Mercury Glass Candle, Anthropologie – I’ve mentioned my love for this candle before, but I think it just skyrocketed through the roof with the new jar they’re selling it in. Don’t get me wrong, the standard blue glass is beautiful, but the speckled mercury glass treatment is just killing me. It also doesn’t hurt that it’s one of the best smelling things in the entire universe. It now also gets the title of being one of the most beautiful. Check it out when its lit! So beautiful.
2. Assiro Herringbone throw in Spicy Orange, Lands Downunder – So, I don’t know what rock I live under, but I just discovered that there is a “Home” section on Gilt Groupe. And oh. my. god. They were having a half-off sale of these gorgeous herringbone throw blankets, but of course every color I wanted was already sold out. The spicy orange color is so lush and warm looking, I can just imagine curling up with a good book and wrapping myself up in it. I’m adding this to my Christmas wish-list in either this color or the light gray. Please and thank you.
3. Essie nail polish, in “Wicked” – The color description says it’s a “dark and creamy sinister red” and they are absolutely spot on. It’s the perfect shade for the winter, and I can’t help but feel all fancy with it on. The best thing about buying it is that I can take it with me to the nail salon and then do touch-ups on any chips at home.
4. Classic Q Baby Groovee, Marc by Marc Jacobs – Oh, this bag. I’ve loved this bag for years. But I’ve never taken the leap and bought it. I think I’m more content loving it from afar? I don’t know. I had the opportunity to get it for 20% when Bloomingdales was having a sale, but I passed. I get the sweats about purchases that size. I love the shape of this bag and the lining on the inside. My friend Aisling bought a Marc Jacobs wallet that had the same lining and I drooled all over it (sorry, Aisling!).
5. Greenhouse, IKEA – This little glass greenhouse is so darling and so fabulously IKEA. I don’t think I’d put real plants in it, because plants wilt just by being near me. I’d love to put this on display as a holiday centerpiece, with some candles and silver-painted branches or a string of lights. Maybe some silver spray-painted pinecones, I don’t know. All I know is that on my next trip to IKEA, this guy is coming home with me. I’ve been eyeing something similar over at West Elm, but this is significantly cheaper.
Happy Friday! What are your weekend plans? Anyone doing any traveling to prepare for Thanksgiving? I’m trying to put myself on a self-imposed spending ban until I get to Ladurée, but Groupon was offering a $50 for $25 to American Apparel, sooo. You know how that story ends. Have a great weekend! I’ll see you on Monday.